With advances in technology, many wedding photographers have switched from delivering physical CD's and USB drives to online galleries (myself included). But why? What's in an online gallery? Can I still get physical print products? Can I save my images to my computer?
Hey, glad you asked!
I'm here to give you all the deets.
1. Your online gallery will not expire! Recently, I made the switch to unlimited gallery storage, which means your gallery will be up and available for a long time! You will be able to view your images and easily share with family and friends for many anniversaries to come.
2. You can order professional lab quality print products for home! My monitor is specifically callibrated for color accuracy with the lab connected to your wedding gallery. I already put in the hard work to see who prints with the best accuracy and quality and give all of my clients the option to print their photos the way they are meant to be printed! Turnaround time is EXTREMELY quick, and most of my wedding packages come with a print credit to get your at home gallery started!
3. Seeing all of your photos in a gallery and in chronological order makes reliving your wedding day that much better! See for yourself. :) Here is a little sneak peek at a recent wedding gallery (photos taken by Little Blue Bird Photography at the Blue Dress Barn in Benton Harbor).
4. Can I still have a folder of all of my images on my home computer? YES! All of your images are included, and it is highly encouraged that you download and backup your photos! From your gallery, you can select to download all of the images (with provided pin). You will receive an email with a link to download a compressed file of the images (this mean it doesn't take a suuuuper long time to download). Once downloaded, click on the file and select extract all, and BOOM all of your photos!
5. Can I print images myself through somewhere other than the professional lab? Yes - you package includes printing rights. However, your photos are designed to be printed through a professional lab and I cannot guarantee the quality or color accuracy of your prints should you order them outside the gallery. Another thing to note - you may be required to present a print release to prove that you have printing rights to the photos. When ordering through your gallery, this is not necessary. Why a print release? Even if you are in the photos, copyright laws dictate that the photo belong to whoever actually took the picture. If you print your photos in store at Walmart or Meijer, they may ask you for a print release. Your contract states that you are to receive printing rights to your photos and is sufficient to bring in with you for permission. This might seem like a hassle, but my true desire is that you experience your photos the way that I intended - after all, you paid for my services! Why stop short of the full experience?
6. You photographed my wedding before you offered online galleries and prints - can I order prints through your lab? YES! If you are interested in prints, please don't hesitate to contact me, and I will upload your wedding to a gallery free of charge!
7. Is my gallery private? YES! Each gallery is password protected, so not just anyone can view your photos, and only those with the PIN can download the images.
Any questions that I missed? Let me know!